Obtaining a Zoom account
In order to host or join meetings, you will need a Zoom account. If you don't yet have one, do the following:
- Send an email to email@example.com to request a Zoom Account.
- You will get an email from Zoom to activate your account.
- In the email, select Activate Your Zoom Account or copy the link given below and paste it into your browser.
Setting up Logitech GROUP
First, assemble the Logitech Group. The cables are color-coded for convenience. You can look at the images below for reference:
Logitech Group Setup
Don't forget about the Power Cord (labeled Conf Camera Adapter).
Adapter Setup Part 1
Ensure that the Logitech Group is connected directly to the laptop (and not through the adapter).
Adapter Setup Part 2
Make sure that the Ethernet cable, HDMI, and Adapter Charger is plugged in
Setting up Zoom
Next, begin a Zoom meeting to ensure that the Logitech Group is set up and working.
- First, enter Zoom on their website, https://zoom.us
- Select Sign in, then sign in with Google. Login using the same email you used to activate your Zoom account with.
- On the top right of the screen, you can find options like Schedule a Meeting, Join a Meeting, and Host a Meeting. Select Host a Meeting, with With Video On.
- On the following page, a pop-up box like the one below should appear automatically. From there, select Join with Computer Audio.
- Finally, the Zoom Meeting Screen will appear, as shown below:
Next, configure Zoom to use the Logitech Group.
- On the bottom left, locate the Mute and Stop Video buttons.
- Next to the Mute button, click the arrow and select Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Logi Group Speakerphone) as the Microphone and Speaker.
- Test the speaker and microphone by clicking the drop down menu next to the Mute option and selecting Test Speaker & Microphone.Then, just follow the instructions.
- Next to the Stop Video button, click the arrow and select Logi Group Camera for Camera.
- Find the icon indicated below:Ensure that that the computer's playback device is set to Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (8-Logi Group Speaker).
You're set now to host your own meeting! But, here are some extra settings that are important to be mindful of:
Enabling HD Video
To enable HD video, select Video Settings as shown below:
Then, turn on the Enable HD setting.
Click Record on the bottom menu to record your meeting. If you see a drop-down menu in Record, be sure to select Record on this Computer.